Gallaudet University athletics offers several summer camps that give campers direct ASL instruction. Here is a list of our camps for this summer.
- National Deaf Girls Basketball Camp (June 20-24)
|When: June 20-24, 2015
Where: Maryland School for the Deaf in Frederick, Md.
4th annual camp
Cost: $225 before May 1, $250 after May 1.
The fee covers lodging, meals, gear and WNBA experience.
Ages: Girls in 5th-12th grade (All skill levels welcome)
Time: Overnight/Residential camp
This 'first-class' camp is all about providing mentorship/role models for deaf female athletes as well as developing opportunities for young student-athletes on and off the court. The National Deaf Girls Basketball Camp is the only basketball camp for deaf females that provides direct communication amongst coaches and fellow campers while creating an unforgettable experience that cannot be found anywhere else.
- ASL instruction
- An evaluation from staff members that will include the campers' strengths and areas needing improvement
- Outstanding speakers (professional, college and high school coaches), who will discuss aspects of basketball
- Awards to campers and winners of special contests
- Camp t-shirts and shorts for all participants
- A ticket to the WNBA Washington Mystics and Los Angeles Sparks game on Tuesday, June 23, at 8 p.m.
For more information, please contact
Gallaudet Women's Basketball Head Coach
National Deaf Girls Basketball Camp Director