The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) consists of one student-athlete and one alternate student-athlete from each varsity or club sport to serve on the committee. The representatives must be NCASA eligible, have at least 24 credits, and in good academic standing to be considered. It is also strongly recommended that the elected representatives are dependable, insightful, and respected leaders on the team. Each student-athlete representative will serve two-year terms and must have a 2.0 GPA or higher to be in good standing.
The SAAC will meet every two weeks during the academic year as notified. If the team’s representative misses a meeting without proper notification, your team will be fined $50 and $25 if late.
Each representative is expected to:
- Attend all committee meetings and activities
- If unable to attend, select a responsible alternate team representative
- Represent the team’s views at meetings
- Report to the team and the coach on all SAAC activities regularly
- Organize team members to help with special projects
The purpose of this committee is:
- Promote communication between athletics administration and student-athletes
- Disseminate information
- Provide feedback and insight into athletics department issues
- Generate a student-athlete voice within the campus athletics department during its formulation of policies
- Build a sense of community within the athletics program involving all athletics teams
- Solicit student-athlete responses to proposed conference and NCAA legislation
- Organize community service efforts
- Create a vehicle for student-athlete representation on campus-wide committees (e.g., student government)
- Promote a positive student-athlete image on campus
If you have questions, contact Liza Offreda, SAAC advisor, via e-mail at email@example.com.