Weight Room/Fitness Complex
The Fitness complex is comprised of two separate exercise areas: The Fitness Suite (upstairs) and the Weight Room (downstairs).
Situated on the top floor, five treadmills, four stationary bikes, one Stairmaster, one elliptical and 16 various workout machines are available to exercise every muscle in the body. Three side-by-side 32-inch HD TVs provide a pleasurable workout experience, while floor-to-ceiling windows provide natural light on one side and overlook the pool on the other.
The weight room is populated by nine multipurpose platforms each complete with a bench and multiple weights of bars and plates a multipurpose cable machine and a glute-ham station. Gallaudet students can also make use of dozens of available free weights ranging from five to 100 lbs. Moreover, the weight room includes specialized equipment, such as rubber plates for explosive exercises, a physio ball for rehab, and PVC piping and wooden blocks used to focus on technique.
* 9 embedded 6 x 8 Olympic lifting platforms
* 3 Multipurpose half-rack stations
* 6 Multipurpose Olympic lifting stations
* 30 pairs of DB 5-120 lbs
* 9 Multipurpose benches
* 4 point cable pulley system
* 4 soft topped adjustable plyometric boxes
* 10 adjustable wooden plyometric/step-up boxes
* 14 Werksan men's and women's Olympic weightlifting bars
* Over 3,000 lbs of color coded Olympic bumper plates
* Multiple other training accessories: boxing equipment, foam rollers, medicine balls, stress bands, hurdles, kettle bells, stability balls and jump ropes for a complete workout experience.
2015 Spring Hours starting Jan. 20
Fitness Complex (2nd level of Field House) and Weight Room (1st level of Field House)
Monday-Friday: 7:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1 p.m.-5 p.m.
Jan. 5-Jan. 16
Restricted Hours: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Click here to go back to previous page