WASHINGTON - The Gallaudet University athletics department is pleased to announce the formation of the Athletic Director Search Committee. The following individuals will serve on the Athletic Director Search Committee:
- Liza E. Offreda (Chair of Committee/Athletics Department)
- Anna Hall (Athletics Department)
- Stephon Healey (Athletics Department)
- Sam Atkinson (Athletics Department)
- Mariko Kobanawa (Athletics Department)
- Brendan Stern (FAR/Faculty)
- Caroline Solomon (Faculty)
- LeMarc Williamson (University Staff)
- Edgar Palmer (University Staff)
- Sabina Shysh (Undergraduate Student)
The committee's role will be advisory. They will screen applications, interview candidates, and recommend a list of finalists to the president and her team for consideration. The committee will ensure that all finalists are qualified for the position.
The Athletic Director will provide visionary leadership, strategic planning, and policy development for the athletics program; maintain an athletics program that is committed to the university's mission and strategic priorities; work with the development office to raise funds for the Athletic Department; and maintain an athletic program that emphasizes the student-athlete concept and philosophy.
The job description has been posted on the HR website. The committee will hold its first meeting on March 20. They will then interview potential candidates during the month of April. The University wishes to have a new Athletic Director in place by July 1 so that the person will be ready to serve the campus community at the start of the 2018-19 academic year.
If you have any questions regarding the search, you may contact the chair, Liza E. Offreda by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.