MORRISTOWN, N.J. - Senior forward Andy Cruz (Bronx, N.Y.) scored a career-high 30 points to help lead Gallaudet University to a 95-88 victory here Saturday over College of Saint Elizabeth in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) men's basketball game.
Gallaudet (2-5, 2-0 NEAC) saw its starting five combine to score 91 of its 95 points. Cruz scored 19 of his 30 points in the second half while Jawaun Jackson (Downey, Calif.) scored 10 of his 18 points, a new career-high, in the second half. Sophomore guard Noah Valencia (Riverside, Calif.) poured in 21 points and fellow sophomore Trace Martin (Shingle Springs, Calif.) added a career best 12 points. Junior center Jamal Garner (Jacksonville, Ill.) reached double figures for the second straight game with 10 points and 12 rebounds.
St. Elizabeth (2-4, 0-2 NEAC) was led by Cam Tucker's 24 points and Jason Saldiveri's 20 points in the loss.
Gallaudet got off to a slow start and trailed 50-43 at the half. In the second half, Gallaudet outscored St. Elizabeth 52-38.
- Gallaudet dominated the boards with a season-high 63
- Cruz grabbed a game-high 13 rebounds
- Valencia surpassed 20 points in a game for a third time this season
- Freshman Lance Wood (Fishers, Ind.) scored GU's four bench points
- GU's 17 steals turned into 24 points
- Martin and Jackson led GU with four steals each
- The Bison held a 28-17 edge in second-chance points
- Valencia and Jackson had a game best five assists
- Cruz and Jackson added two blocks each
Gallaudet will next host Lancaster Bible College (4-1, 2-0 NEAC) in a conference game on Tuesday, Dec. 5, at 5 p.m.