MORRISVILLE, N.Y. - The Gallaudet University men's basketball team fell 79-63 to Morrisville State College on the road Saturday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game.
Gallaudet (6-14, 6-6 NEAC) outscored Morrisville St. (12-8, 10-2 NEAC) in the second half by one, 38-37, but the Bison entered halftime down 42-25.
Freshmen guard Preston Kelly (Fishers, Ind.) netted 15 of his game-high 19 points in the second half. Senior foward Andy Cruz (Bronx, N.Y.) and junior center Jamal Garner (Jacksonville, Ill.) scored 13 points each in the loss.
Morrisville St. was led by forward Kevin Dennis, who recorded a double-double with 17 points and 11 rebounds. Brison Hall tallied a double-double with 12 points and 11 rebounds while Tyrin Miller scored 16 points.
- Sophomore guard Noah Valencia (Riverside, Calif.) scored six points
- Junior guard Jawaun Jackson (Downey, Calif.) netted five points, three rebounds and three assists
- Garner led the team with seven rebounds and two blocks
- Cruz ripped down six boards and passed out a game-high seven assists
- GU only made 4 of 19 shots (21.1 percent) from three-point range
- Gallaudet scored 17 points off 19 turnovers
- The Mustangs outrebounded the Bison, 46-29
- MSC scored 28 second-chance points as it grabbed 18 offensive rebounds
- Morrisville made 11 of 26 shots (42.3 percent) from three-point range
Gallaudet stays in New York tonight and will face SUNY Poly (14-6, 10-1 NEAC) tomorrow (Sunday, Feb. 4) at noon.