LANCASTER, Pa. - The Gallaudet University men's cross country team fought against nine other teams Saturday morning in the Charger Invititational hosted by Lancaster Bible College. Gallaudet finished in seventh place with 195 team points on the North Eastern Athletic Conference championship course..
Penn St.-Abington went home with first place, accumulating 24 team points. SUNY Poly came in second with 65, while Morrisville State trailed only by 16 to take thrid with 81 points.
Morrisville State's Byron Evans won the 8K race with a time of 27 minutes, 36 seconds, out of a field of 81 runners.
Junior John Isaacson (Clive, Iowa), finished first for the Bison in 28th place with a time of 31:43. Freshman Dalton Attanasi (Hammonton, N.J.) finished in 40th place (33:07) followed by sophomore James Weichel (Bradenton, Fla.) in 44th place (33:35). Freshman Kai Christenberry (Birmingham, Ala.) placed 54th overall (34:45) and Jordan Manges (South Bend, Ind.) was 59th (35:42).
- Junior Joshua Branscomb (Memphis, Tenn.) finished in 63rd place (36:34)
- Freshman Daniel Carson (Roanoke Rapids, N.C.) was 65th (37:00)
- Freshman Nick Jones (Fulton, Mo.) was 76th (41:31)
- Junior Rodney Lebon (Charlotte, N.C.), finished with a time of 42:33 in 77th place
- Freshman Colton Huff was 81st (50:12)
- The next time the Bison return to Lancaster on Saturday, Oct. 29, they will be competing in the 2016 North Eastern Athletic Conference championship.
The Bison head to Philadelphia, Pa., to compete in the Jack St. Clair Memorial Championship on Saturday, Oct. 8, at 1 p.m.