FREDERICK Md. - The Gallaudet University men's cross country team finished 13th overall here Saturday at Utica Park as they competed in the Hood College Cross Country Open.
GU was one of 14 teams to compete in the open and racked up a total of 345 team points in the 8K race. Grove City College ran away with a first-place finish as they accumulated 20 points. Reinhardt University from Georgia came in a distant second (86 points) and McDaniel College and Frostburg State University tied for third place (98 points).
Senior Daniel Christiansen of Grove City College won the race in 25 minutes, 27 seconds out of 133 runners.
Junior John Isaacson (Clive, Iowa) placed 77th overall and was the first GU runner to finish with a time of 30 minutes, 52 seconds. Freshman Dalton Attanasi (Hammonton, N.J.) finished second for the Bison in 100th place (33:09) while sophomore James Weichel (Bradenton, Fla.) was the third Bison to cross the finish line in 105th place (34:18). Freshman Jordan Manges (South Bend, Ind.) and junior Joshua Branscomb (Memphis, Tenn.) were the final runners to score team points for the Bison. Manges finished in 107th place (34:24) and Branscomb was right on his tail, finishing in 108th place (34:31).
- Freshman Kai Christenberry (Birmingham, Ala.) placed 110th (34:38)
- Freshman Daniel Carson (Roanoke Rapids, N.C.) finished in 114th place (35:34)
- Junior Yuan Tang (Bejing, China) took 128th place (40:37)
- Junior Colton Huff (Naples, Maine) finished in 131st place (43:33)
- Freshman Harsh Shah (Philadelphia, Pa.) was the 132nd finisher (45:19)
- Freshman David Hernandez (Jacksonville, Texas) finished in 133rd place (48:30)
- For the fourth straight time Isaacson was the top finisher for the Bison
- This concludes the regular-season schedule for the Bison
GU takes the week off before they head back to Lancaster Bible College in Lancaster, Pa., to compete in the 2016 North Eastern Athletic Conference championship on Saturday, Oct. 29, at 10 a.m.