LANCASTER, Pa. - The Gallaudet University men's cross country team finished 12th overall at the 2016 North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) championships here Saturday on the campus of Lancaster Bible College. The Bison, one of 12 teams in the conference championship race, totaled 310 team points.
SUNY Poly won its fourth straight conference title as five of its top runners finished in the top 12 spots. Penn St.-Abington was a distant second with 67 points followed by SUNY Cobleskill in third place (79).
Morrisville State College senior Byron Evans won the 8K race, featuring 101 runners, as he crossed the finish line in 26 minutes, 43 seconds. Evans was named the 2016 NEAC Men's Runner of the Year for his win.
Junior John Isaacson (Clive, Iowa) placed 44th overall and was the first runner to finish for Gallaudet with a time 31:18. Freshman Dalton Attanasi (Hammonton, N.J.) finished second for the Bison in 61st place (32:57) while freshman Kai Christenberry (Birmingham, Ala.) followed close behind in 68th place (34:13). Freshman Daniel Carson (Roanoke Rapids, N.C.) was the fourth Bison to finish in 86th (37:14) and junior Yuan Tang (Bejing, China) placed 97th (41:28).
- Junior Rodney Lebon (Charlotte, N.C.) finished 98th (41:53)
- Freshman Colton Huff (Naples, Maine) finished 99th (44:49)
- Freshman Harsh Shah (Philadelphia, Pa.) was the 100th runner to finish (45:11)
- Freshman David Hernandez (Jacksonville, Texas) was 101st (46:37)
- For the fifth straight time Isaacson was the top finisher for the Bison
The Bison will not lose any seniors in the off-season and are slated to return all 18 runners for the 2017 season.