SALISBURY, Md. - The Gallaudet University men's cross country team placed 11th overall at the Don Cathcart Invitational hosted by Salisbury University on Saturday at Winter Place Park.
The host Sea Gulls won the meet with 28 team points as their top five runners placed in the first 13 spots. Salisbury freshman David Strickland won the 8K race in 25:23.27. East Stroudsburg was second with 56 points followed by Bridgewater (Va.) College (99) in third.
Gallaudet freshman Chance Hohneke (Lehi, Utah) was the first Bison to cross the finish line as he finished 87th overall with a time of 30:44.70. Sophomore Kai Christenberry (Birmingham, Ala.) and junior Gunner Hahn (Ogema, Wis.) were 102nd (35:13.00) and 103rd (35:31.70), respectively. Sophomore Michael Haynes (Olivette, Mo.) and Robert Parcells (Brooklyn, N.Y.) were the final runners to earn team points for the Bison. Haynes was 107th (36:46.47) and Parcells crossed the finish line in 108th place (36:48.36).
- Junior Chris Webb (Alexandria, Va.) placed 109th (40:23.27)
- Freshman Christian Jacobs (Claremont, Calif.) was 110th (40:24.14)
- Sophomore David Hernandez (Jacksonville, Texas) was 111th (40:29.67)
- GU had five runners finish together from 107th to 111th place
- There were 114 runners from 11 teams in the field
Gallaudet will travel to Towson, Md., next weekend to run in the Goucher Classic on Saturday, Oct. 7, at 10:30 a.m.