LANCASTER, Pa. - The Gallaudet University men's cross country team finished seventh at the Lancaster Bible College Homecoming Invitational on Thursday afternoon as the Bison accumulated 152 team points.
The host Chargers won the meet with 41 team points followed by Thaddeus Stevens in second place (57 team points), Penn St.-Berks (68) in third, Cumberland Community College (92) in fourth, Penn St.-Abington (131) in fifth and University of Valley Forge (144) in sixth. Lancaster Bible's Tanner Krob won the 8K race in 27 minutes, 15.1 seconds. Krob's time was over a minute and 22 seconds faster than the second place finisher.
Freshman Chance Hohneke (Lehi, Utah) was Gallaudet's top finisher as he crossed the finish line in 32:19.0 in 21st place. Sophomore Fangen Thompson (Hangzhou, China) was close behind in 28th place (35:31.6). Fellow sophomore Kai Christenberry (Birmingham, Ala.) was the third GU runner to cross the finish line as he placed 32nd overall (37:06.6). Juniors Miguel Barrios (Riverside, Calif.) and Gunner Hahn (Ogema, Wis.) were 38th (39:08.8) and 39th (39:56.5), respectively. Those five runners completed Gallaudet's top five as far as team scoring.
- Junior Toraneau Varice (Deerfield Beach, Fla.) finished 40th (40:29.1)
- Sophomore Michael Haynes (Olivette, Mo.) placed 41st (40:29.1), right with Varice
- Sophomore David Hernandez (Jacksonville, Texas) finished 44th (46:27.6)
- Junior Yuan Tang (Beijing, China) placed 45th (47:42.7)
- Junior Selman Jawed (Oakley, Calif.) completed the course in 48:35.2 to place 47th
- There were eight teams and 47 runners in the 8K race
- Of the eight teams that competed, five were from the North Eastern Athletic Conference
- GU had 10 of the 47 runners (21.2 percent) in the race
Gallaudet will have one day to rest up before heading to the Eastern Shore of Maryland on Saturday, Sept. 30, to run in the Don Cathcart Invitational in Salisbury, Md.