BRYN ATHYN, Pa. – The Gallaudet University women's basketball team lost here Thursday night to Bryn Athyn College, 55-43, in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game.
Senior guard Zamica Gage (Washington, D.C.) led Gallaudet offense with a game-high 21 points to go with nine rebounds and seven steals. Fellow senior Danielle Morris (St. Louis, Mich.) added eight points and grabbed 10 rebounds and made one block in the loss.
GU (3-5, 2-2 NEAC) jumped out to a 10-4 lead in the first quarter before Bryn Athyn (4-4, 2-1 NEAC) closed the gap to 11-10 after the first 10 minutes played. The Lions took their first lead early in the second quarter and increased it to six, 20-14, with 2:12 left in the half. GU cut the deficit and only trailed 22-19 at halftime.
The third quarter was closely contested as GU cut Bryn Athyn's lead to two points, several times, but couldn't regain the lead. The Lions pulled away in the fourth quarter as they outscored the Bison, 22-16, with 10 of those points coming from the bench.
Three different Lions finished in double figures led by Je'La Watson's 14 points off the bench in 18 minutes.
- Senior Danielle Warren (San Jose, Calif.) recorded six defensive rebounds
- Sophomore Darriyan Thomas (Vallejo, Calif.) chipped in four points, four rebounds and four steals off the bench
- GU went 0-for-11 from 3-point range
- The Lions made 41.4 percent (12 of 29) of its shots in the second half
- Gallaudet led for seven minutes and 23 seconds
- The game featured one lead change and was tied three different times
Gallaudet returns home this weekend for two conference games. The Bison will first go up against Penn College on Saturday, Jan. 9, at 2 p.m. GU defeated Penn College 64-43 last month on the road.