KEUKA PARK, N.Y. – Time ran out on the Gallaudet University women's basketball team here Saturday as the visiting Bison lost 58-50 to Keuka College in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game. GU trailed by 14 points with 5:44 left in regulation but was able to get the margin down to single digits before time expired.
Gallaudet (9-9, 8-6 NEAC) took an early 10-5 lead midway through the first quarter before Keuka (4-13, 3-8 NEAC) went on a 15-0 run to take a 20-10 lead into the second quarter. GU pulled to within four, 22-18, with just over five minutes before halftime. The Wolfpack stormed back to take a 32-25 lead into intermission.
Keuka opened the third quarter on a 16-6 run as it held its largest lead of the night at 17 points at the 2:56 mark. GU outscored Keuka 15-10 in the fourth.
Senior guard Zamica Gage paced the Bison offense as she scored 11 of her team-high 20 points in the second half. Gage added six assists, five rebounds and four steals as she made 50 percent of her shots from the field. Sophomore forward Kelsey Hudson (Blissfield, Mich.) finished with eight points, nine rebounds three steals while sophomore guard Sabina Shysh (Tucson, Ariz.) added nine points.
The Wolfpack was led by a pair of guards in junior Katie Stuart who had a team best 18 points and nine rebounds while freshman Lauren Anten added 15 points.
- Gage has 20 or more points for the ninth time this year
- Hudson has recorded nine or more rebounds in seven out of her last eight games
- Gage has four or more steals in 14 out of 18 games this year
- Senior Danielle Morris (St. Louis, Mich.) had six points and six rebounds
- Gallaudet hasn't beaten Keuka in the last five meetings
- GU defeated Keuka 69-54 at home on Feb. 19, 2011
The Bison will complete the second leg of their road trip tomorrow, Sunday, Feb. 7, at 3 p.m. against North Division foe Wells College (12-7, 8-4 NEAC).