WASHINGTON - The Gallaudet University women's basketball team lost, 73-52, at home on Thursday night against North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) South Division leader Lancaster Bible College.
Gallaudet (12-11, 11-7 NEAC) kept it close in the first quarter but were unable to contain the Chargers (20-3, 17-1 NEAC). The powerhouse team, who is on a 13-game win streak, has beaten their opponents by 15 or more points in 15 games this season.
The Bison offense was led by senior guard Zamica Gage (Washington, D.C.) who scored 16 points, had six rebounds, three steals and two blocks. Senior forward Danielle Morris (St. Louis, Mich.) recorded her third double-double this season as she pulled down 12 rebounds and scored 11 points.
Lancaster jumped out to a 17-12 lead after the first quarter and took a 37-27 lead into halftime.
The Chargers were led by senior forward Shanice Smith with an impressive 21 rebounds, 14 points and six steals while junior Krissy Pennell led the team offense with 18 points. Five Lancaster Bible players scored 10-points or more.
- Sophomore Kori Koss (Green Bay, Wis.) added eight points
- Sophomore Sabina Shysh (Tucson, Ariz.) was held to six points and four rebounds
- Sophomore Darriyan Thomas (Vallejo, Calif.) added four points and four rebounds
- Sophomore Kelsey Hudson (Blissfield, Mich.) scored four points and grabbed five rebounds
- GU bench scored 14 points
- The Bison forced 20 turnovers and scored 15 points off those turnovers
- LBC held a 46-34 edge over the Bison in the paint
- GU lost to LBC, 87-60, on the road Jan. 30
The Bison head into the final weekend of the regular-season schedule where they will host Penn St.-Berks (3-19, 3-15 NEAC) on Saturday, Feb. 20, at 3 p.m. in the Field House. The game will also mark the 20th annual Alumni Basketball Madness Day where Gallaudet alumni, who are members of the GUAA, can enter the basketball doubleheader for $1.