WASHINGTON - The Gallaudet University women's basketball team was unable to pick up a win in their final home game of the 2016-17 season as they hosted North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) opponent Keuka College. The Bison were overwhelmed by the Wolves in the second half and lost 84-54.
Gallaudet (2-21, 2-17 NEAC) was limited to 20 second-half points as Keuka (12-9, 9-7 NEAC) outscored the Bison by 18 points.
The Wolves controlled the game in every facet as they outscored the Bison in the paint (46-26), points off turnovers (23-13), fast break points (12-8), second chance points (20-11), bench points (36-22) and out-rebounded the host (55-53).
Gallaudet was led by freshman Jakkisha Smith (Dallas, Texas) as she netted 22 points and 11 rebounds off the bench. Junior forward Kelsey Hudson (Blissfield, Mich.) recorded a double-double with 18 points and 13 rebounds.
Keuka had four players in double figures led by Lauren Anten's 14-point performance. Katie Stuart and Nicole Templeton added 11 points while Abby Hess scored 10 points in the win.
- Junior forward Lawjen Ashmore (Anchorage, Alaska) scored seven points and seven rebounds
- Junior guard Tuesdae Dunklin (Gardendale, Ala.) added four points and six rebounds
- Junior guard Kori Koss (Delavan, Wis.) was held to three points
- GU struggled at the free-throw line as it only made 13 of 41 attempts (31.7 percent)
- Keuka led 46-34 at halftime
- This is Hudson's seventh double-double of the season
- Smith now has three double-doubles this season
- GU was 1-11 at home this year
Gallaudet will venture out of conference on Thursday night and travel to Virginia to face Randolph-Macon College (12-10) at 6 p.m.