MORRISVILLE, N.Y. - The Gallaudet University women's basketball team fell to Morrisville State College here Sunday afternoon 79-44 in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) crossover game between the north and south divisions.
Gallaudet (2-16, 2-12 NEAC South) turned the ball over 29 times leading to 29 points for Morrisville St. (11-4, 6-2 NEAC North). The Bison were held to single digits in the second and fourth quarters as they suffered its worst loss of the season.
Freshman guard Jakkisha Smith (Dallas, Texas) led the Bison with 14 points and three assists. Junior forward Lawjen Ashmore (Fairbanks, Alaska) came off the bench to contribute 10 points, seven rebounds and three steals.
Three different Mustangs reached double figures led by forward Marissa Woodard's 23-point game as she made 10 of 21 shots from the field and grabbed seven rebounds. Guards Jordan Anderson (eight assists, seven rebounds) and Haley Kilmartin added 17 and 14 points, respectively.
GU took a brief lead in the first quarter before it trailed 35-24 at the half. The Bison were outscored 44-20 in the second half.
- Junior guard Kori Koss (Delavan, Wis.) led the team with nine rebounds and six assists
- Sophomore forward Kelli Barnes (Cliffside, N.C.) poured in nine points and four rebounds
- Junior forward Kelsey Hudson (Blissfield, Mich.) had four points and seven rebounds
- Both teams had 13 bench points
- Morrisville out-rebounded Gallaudet by five, 53-48
- GU went 1-9 during the month of January
Gallaudet will jump back into NEAC South Division play on Wednesday, Feb. 1, with a game at Penn St.-Abington (8-9, 6-6 NEAC South) at 5 p.m.