MORRISTOWN, N.J. - The Gallaudet University women's basketball team picked up its first North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) road win here Saturday with a 69-53 victory over College of Saint Elizabeth.
Gallaudet (3-3, 2-0 NEAC) outscored St. Elizabeth (1-4, 0-2 NEAC) in each quarter but the fourth when they both scored 21 points each. GU took a 32-22 lead into halftime.
GU saw its starting five score 60 of the team's 69 points. Senior forward Kelsey Hudson (Blissfield, Mich.) led the way with 16 points as she made 8 of 10 field goals. Junior guard Sabina Shysh (Tucson, Ariz.) added 14 points while junior forward Hannah Neild (Litchfield, N.H.) and sophomore guard Jakkisha Smith (Dallas, Texas) scored 12 points each. Smith led the team with 10 rebounds, seven assists, six steals while Neild ripped down nine boards to go with six assists and five steals.
St. Elizabeth was paced by Deja Ingram's game-high 24 points, 14 rebounds and four blocks in the loss.
- Junior forward Kelli Barnes (Hope Mill, N.C.) added six points, six rebounds and two blocks
- Freshman guard Emelia Beldon (Frederick, Md.) scored seven points off the bench
- Freshman forward Brooke Bonheyo (Frederick, Md.) added two points in the win
- GU shot 46.8 percent from the field
- The Eagles held a 46-44 edge in rebounds
- GU's 20 steals led to 23 points
Gallaudet returns home to host Worcester State University (3-3) tomorrow (Sunday, Dec. 3) at 2 p.m. Please note the new tip-off time is now 2 p.m. and not 1 p.m.