MORRISVILLE, N.Y. - The Gallaudet University women's basketball team lost a shootout with Morrisville State College, 92-81, here Saturday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game.
Gallaudet (8-12, 6-6 NEAC) fell behind early as Morrisville St. (11-9, 9-3 NEAC) jumped out to a quick 27-11 lead after the first quarter. From there GU outplayed Morrisville but came up just short in this NEAC divisional crossover contest.
Junior guard Hannah Neild (Litchfield, N.H.) scored 23 of her career-high 37 in the first half where GU trailed 54-40 to the Mustangs. Neild made 5 of 7 three-pointers and was a perfect 8-for-8 from the free throw line. She also recorded a game-high eight steals to go with four assists, two rebounds and two blocks.
Fellow junior Sabina Shysh (Tucson, Ariz.) complimented Neild with a career best 26-point game as she made 12 of 25 shots. Shysh was second to Neild with four steals, four assists and two rebounds.
Morrisville St. had four starters in double figures led by guard Tori Rockefeller's 22-point game. Hailey Kilmartin followed with 21 points while Alexis Campbell and Marissa Woodard posted double-doubles with 18 points and 12 rebounds and 19 points and 11 rebounds, respectively.
- Junior forward Kelli Barnes (Cliffside, N.C.) netted nine points
- Senior forward Kelsey Hudson (Blissfield, Mich.) grabbed a season-high 19 rebounds to go with seven points
- This is Hudson's sixth straight game with 12 or more rebounds
- Neild has four 30+ point games to her credit this season
- Freshmen guard Emelia Beldon (Frederick, Md.) had an off game as she made four steals and four assists
- GU outrebounded MSC by one, 43-42
- Gallaudet scored 20 points off 26 turnovers
- The Mustangs led from start to finish
Gallaudet remains in New York and will face SUNY Poly (14-6, 10-1 NEAC) tomorrow (Sunday, Feb. 4) at 2 p.m.