ABINGTON, Pa. - Junior Hannah Neild (Litchfield, N.H.) scored 20 of her game-high 30 points in the first half here Tuesday night as she helped Gallaudet University defeat Penn St.-Abington, 79-65, in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) South Division game.
Neild scored 30 points for the third time this season and the third time in the past six games. She completed the double-double, her eighth this season and fifth straight, with 10 rebounds. Neild made a team-high three steals and two blocks to go with two assists in the win.
Gallaudet (8-11, 6-5 NEAC) outscored Penn St.-Abington (10-8, 5-5 NEAC) by 13 points in the decisive fourth quarter, 27-14. The Bison held a 38-30 lead at the half before the Nittany Lions battled back and took a brief lead in the third quarter.
Freshman guard Emelia Beldon (Frederick, Md.) scored 15 points, grabbed six rebounds and passed out a game-high six assists. Junior Sabina Shysh (Tucson, Ariz.) was the third Bison in double figures with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
Penn St.-Abington had four different players in double figures led by Symantha Marrero's 21-point game.
- Senior forward Kelsey Hudson (Blissfield, Mich.) scored seven points and grabbed a game-high 14 rebounds
- Shysh has four double-doubles this season
- GU outrebounded Penn St.-Abington, 53-26
- The Bison scored 30 points in the paint
- Gallaudet shot 83.3 percent from the free throw line
- Penn St.-Abington made 11 three-pointers
- The game featured four ties and two lead changes
GU will aim to continue its winning streak this weekend in New York when the Bison hit the road against the top two teams in the NEAC North Division. The Bison will first go up against Morrisville State College (10-8, 8-2 NEAC) on Saturday, Feb. 3, at 3 p.m.