KEUKA PARK, N.Y. - A long North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) weekend road trip to New York for Gallaudet University came to a close here Sunday as the women's soccer team was shut out, 8-0, against Keuka College.
Keuka (5-5-1, 4-2 NEAC) scored quickly and often in the first half as the Wolfpack netted three goals in the first 17 minutes of play. Hannah Dalle scored the second of three in the game in the 27th minute before Shannon Sprague scored off a corner kick in the 34th minute as Keuka led 5-0 at the half.
In the second half, Dalle completed her hat trick in the first five minutes. Nicole Browe added her second goal and Jordan Fredell knocked home an 18-yard goal off an assist from Erin Kirsch at the 63:52 mark.
Gallaudet (2-10, 1-5 NEAC) was held to five shots in the game, two on goal, as Keuka goalie Maeve Fletcher made the saves. Bison senior goalie Jennifer Livengood (Jacksonville, Fla.) took the loss as she made three saves.
- Senior Megan Calik (Conyers, Ga.) led the offense with two shots, one on goal
- Sophomore Anastasia Murray (Raleigh, N.C) had GU's other shot on goal
- Keuka held an 11-4 shot lead at the half
- The Wolfpack held a 7-4 edge in corner kicks
- Gallaudet has lost five straight games
- This is the sixth time the Bison have been shut out
Gallaudet returns home and will host Lancaster Bible College on Saturday, Oct. 10, at 2 p.m. on Hoy Field.