WASHINGTON - The Gallaudet University women's soccer team contained Notre Dame of Maryland University in today's home opener but the Bison still were shut out, 3-0, at Hotchkiss Field.
Notre Dame (3-0) was coming off a 12-0 thrashing of University of Valley Forge but the visiting Gators were held in check by the Bison defense. Gator freshman Meghan Conner (two goals, one assist) had a hand in every goal as she scored twice in the first half (21st, 27th minutes) and assisted Lizzie Balog on her second half goal in the 63rd minute. The Gators have outscored their opponents 20-0 in the first three games.
Senior goalie Jennifer Livengood (Jacksonville, Fla.) made 10 saves in net for the Bison (0-2) as she faced 13 shots on goals.
- Sophomore Anastasia Murray (Raleigh, N.C.) led Gallaudet with two shots on goal
- Senior Olivia Stein (Tucson, Ariz.) added two shots, one on goal
- The Bison took two first half corner kicks
- Notre Dame outshot Gallaudet 20-4
- GU committed seven fouls
- The Bison last defeated the Gators on Sept. 10, 2010, in a 4-1 win
- The Gators have won four straight against the Bison
Gallaudet hits the road on Friday, Sept. 11, to travel to Mary Baldwin College (1-1) for a 5 p.m. non-conference game.