WASHINGTON - Penn St.-Abington's Emily Kennedy scored two goals and two assists to lead the Nittany Lions past Gallaudet University here Saturday night in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) women's soccer game at Hotchkiss Field.
The Bison (2-7, 1-2 NEAC) fell behind early when Elizabeth Jones scored her first goal of the season off an assist from Kennedy in the 14th minute. The same duo added a second goal right before halftime as the Nittany Lions (3-2, 1-0 NEAC) led 2-0 at the break.
In the second half, Kennedy scored twice and Mallory Mugnier added an unassisted goal as Penn St.-Abington won its first conference game this season.
Gallaudet senior goalie Jennifer Livengood (Jacksonville, Fla.) was under constant pressure as she made a season-high 13 saves as the Nittany Lions outshot the Bison, 34-3.
- Three different Bison had one shot including freshman Brittany Mallach (Milton, Ontario), sophomore Justina Ercolino (Milton, Ontario) and senior Katie Benz (Ottawa, Ontario)
- Mallach and Benz's shots were on goal
- GU took one corner kick in the game
- The Bison lost 3-0 on the road at Penn St.-Abington last season
- This is the fourth time GU has been shutout this year
Gallaudet will regroup and next play on the road at Wilson College on Wednesday, Sept. 30, at 4 p.m. in a NEAC game.