CHAMBERSBURG, Pa. - Jessie Thrush completed her hat trick with a game-winning overtime goal to lift Wilson College to a 3-2 women's soccer victory over Gallaudet University here Wednesday afternoon in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game at Kris's Meadow. Wilson (2-4-1, 1-3 NEAC) snaps a four-game losing streak and picks up its first NEAC win this season.
Thrush scored her third goal just one minute and 19 seconds into the first overtime period. This was Gallaudet's first overtime game this season.
Gallaudet (2-8, 1-3 NEAC) got on the scoreboard first when freshman Brittany Mallach (Milton, Ottawa) scored off an assist from sophomore Sabina Shysh (Tucson, Ariz.) in the 32nd minute. The Bison took a 1-0 lead into halftime.
Thrush scored her first goal in the 49th minute on an unassisted goal past Gallaudet senior goalie Jennifer Livengood (Jacksonville, Fla.).
GU regained the lead in the 76th minute when senior Katie Benz (Ottawa, Ontario) scored her first goal of the season with a shot past Wilson goalie Brianna Martin (six saves).
The Bison committed a foul at the 85:39 mark in the goalie box to setup a Wilson penalty kick. Thrush converted on the kick to tie the game, 2-2, as it went to overtime.
- Livengood finished with eight saves
- Sophomore Anastasia Murray (Raleigh, N.C.) led the team with six shots
- Mallach led the Bison with three shots on goal (five shots total)
- Both teams took 16 shots in the game
- Gallaudet's last overtime game was a 1-1 tie in double overtime against SUNY Cobleskill on Oct. 13, 2013
- GU leads the series with Wilson, 4-2
- The Bison last lost to the Phoenix, 3-1, on Oct. 25, 2013
GU will next travel to New York for two conference games this weekend. The Bison will face Wells College on Saturday, Oct. 3, at 2:15 p.m. before facing Keuka College on Sunday, Oct. 4, at 3 p.m.