BRYN ATHYN, Pa. - The Gallaudet University women's soccer team fell 3-0 here Saturday to Bryn Athyn College in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game.
The Lions (2-3, 2-2 NEAC) jumped out to an early 2-0 lead just 17 minutes into the first half. Freshman midfielder Kristin White scored an unassisted goal in the 12th minute. Junior forward Chelsea Czarnik scored minutes later off an assist from Marie Daum.
Bryn Athyn took a 2-0 lead into halftime over the Bison (1-3, 0-2 NEAC).
Bryn Athyn added a third goal early in the second half to up its advantage to three goals. Freshman midfielder Shelby Puccio netted an unassisted goal past freshman goalie Silvya Levesque (Ballston Spay, N.Y.) in the 48th minute.
Gallaudet was outshot 13-6 in the loss.
- Levesque made four saves in net
- Senior midfielder Katie Benz (Ottawa, Ontario) had two shots, one shot on goal
- Sophomore forward Brittany Mallach (Milton, Ontario) added two shots
- The Bison were held to only one shot on goal
- Gallaudet took three corner kicks
- This was GU's first NEAC road game this season
Gallaudet wraps up its weekend in Pennsylvania tomorrow (Sunday, Sept. 18) at Penn St.-Abington (3-3, 2-2 NEAC) for a noon game.