MORRISTOWN, N.J. - The Gallaudet University women's soccer team picked up its first North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) win this season here Friday as the Bison shut out College of Saint Elizabeth, 2-0.
Gallaudet (2-4, 1-3 NEAC) controlled the conference game as the attack recorded 19 shots with 13 shots on goal. Senior midfielder Katie Benz (Ottawa, Ontario) got GU on the scoreboard in the 35th minute on a goal off a free position shot from 18 yards out. Her shot beat Eagles goalie Marie Goodman (11 saves). The Bison tallied 10 shots in the first half and took a 1-0 advantage into halftime.
In the second half, Gallaudet found the back of the net once more. Senior midfielder Ashleigh Warden (Tucson, Ariz.) scored her first collegiate goal off a crossing assist from sophomore Deltona Markel (Austin, Texas) at the 82:30 mark.
Freshman goalie Silvya Levesque (Ballston Spa, N.Y.) made two saves in net as she recorded her second shutout this season.
- Sophomore Brittany Mallach (Milton, Ontario) led all players with nine shots (five shots on goal)
- All five shots from Benz were on goal
- Markel added three shots (one shot on goal)
- Markel's assist is her second of the season
- Sophomore midfielder Teresa Tiainen (Helsinki, Finland) add one shot on goal
- Both teams took two corner kicks
- This is Gallaudet's fourth straight win over St. Elizabeth
Gallaudet returns home to host Penn College (3-3-1, 2-0 NEAC) on Sunday, Sept. 25, at noon in a conference game.