WASHINGTON - The Gallaudet University women's swimming and diving team fell to Elizabethtown College here Saturday afternoon, 196-52, in a non-conference meet at the Field House pool.
Gallaudet (0-3) was led by freshman Jackie Perkins (Hampton, Va.) who placed second in one event, and third in two other events. Perkins took second place in the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of one minute, 16.97 seconds. She was third in the 200 breaststroke (2:51.87) and the 100 butterfly (1:21.86).
Senior Paige-Cecily Ramos (New York, N.Y.) and junior Jana Kiefer (Leander, Texas) also contributed team points for the Bison, placing second in two separate events. Ramos in the 200 butterfly with a time 3:39.50 and Kiefer in the 400 individual medley (IM) with a time of 6:16.31.
- Gallaudet's 200 medley relay team placed third (2:17.50)
- Senior Taylor Mickelson (Fargo, N.D.) was third in the 200 butterfly (3:50.80) and fourth in 500 freestyle (7:59.03)
- Sophomore Alyssa Hanbury (Orlando, Fla.) took third in the 200 backstroke (3:06.36)
- Freshman Jessica Monroe (Newnan, Ga.) was fourth in the 200 freestyle (2:36.33)
- Junior Rochelle Carty-Bauman (Brampton, Ontario) was fourth in the 100 freestyle (1:24.61)
- There was a 1-meter diving exhibition midway through the meet
GALLAUDET PERSONAL RECORDS
|Event||Name||Old Time||New Time|
|50 backstroke||Eleven Mehner||48.89||48.61|
|50 breaststroke||Jackie Perkins||35.25||34.97 (R)|
|50 freestyle||Taylor Mickelson||35.89||33.99|
|100 breaststroke||Jackie Perkins
|200 butterfly||Paige-Cecily Ramos||3:44.66||3:39.50|
(R) = Time set in a relay event
Gallaudet will travel to Roanoke, Va., next Saturday, Nov. 12, to compete in a double dual meet against Hollins University and Ferrum College.