SWEET BRIAR, Va. - The Gallaudet University women's swimming and diving program picked up its first win of the 2017-18 season with a 115-74 win over Sweet Briar College here Saturday.
Gallaudet (1-1) was led by junior Alisia Metante (Pleasanton, Calif.), who won two individual events and was a member of the second place 200-meter medley relay team. Metante was first in the 100- and 200-meter freestyle events as she touched the wall in 1:14.85 and 2:45.89, respectively. The relay team of junior Alyssa Hanbury (Orlando, Fla.), sophomore Jackie Perkins (Hampton, Va.), sophomore Jessica Monroe (Senoia, Ga.) and Metante finished in 2:35.04, less than one second and six one hundredths of a second behind Sweet Briar's first-place team (2:33.98).
Perkins won the 50-meter freestyle (33.57 seconds) and 100-meter breaststroke (1:28.77) events while Hanbury and Monroe each won one individual event. Hanbury was first in 100-meter backstroke (1:35.63) and Monroe won 100-meter butterfly (1:31.36). Hanbury was second in the 200-meter IM (3:32.33) and Monroe took second in the 400-meter freestyle (5:52.77).
- Senior Faye Frez-Albrecht (Canton, Conn.) finished third in the 100-breaststroke (2:03.29)
- Junior Jana Kiefer (Leander, Texas) was third in the 100-meter butterfly (1:37.38), 400-meter freestyle (6:16.50), 800-meter freestyle (12:34.65)
- Junior Rochelle Carty-Bauman (Brampton, Ontario) was third in the 200-meter IM (3:44.14)
- Sophomore Kelsey Prickett (North Branch, Minn.) finished third in the 100-meter freestyle (1:36.13)
- Freshman Alyssa Castillo (Fresno, Calif.) was third in the 100-meter backstroke (2:28.26)
- GU's 200-meter freestyle relay team of Prickett, freshman Bianca Carcamo (Manassas, Va.), Castillo and freshman Jin Xianyu (Chengdu, China) won their uncontested event with a time of 3:39.65
Gallaudet will compete at Elizabethtown College on Saturday, Nov. 4, at 1 p.m.