MORRISVILLE, N.Y. - Gallaudet's first trip to Morrisville State College will be one the Bison women's volleyball program would prefer to forget. GU was swept in Friday night's tri-match between the host Mustangs and SUNY Geneseo.
Gallaudet, the seven-time defending North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) champion, was stunned in the first match as it was swept by Morrisville St. The Mustangs (7-2, 3-0 NEAC) won 25-19, 25-18, 25-23 in straight sets. This was Morrisville's first win over the Bison since Gallaudet joined the NEAC. GU had won the previous seven meetings dating back to 2011 and had outscored the Mustangs, 21-2.
The Bison (5-7, 1-1 NEAC) had to regroup and turn around and face a rested SUNY Geneseo (6-4) squad in the next match. The Knights won the first set 25-18 before Gallaudet tied the match at 1-1 with a 25-23 victory in the second set. Geneseo took the third set as it edged Gallaudet 26-24 before closing the match out with a 25-19 fourth set win to secure the 3-1 win.
SUNY Geneseo swept Morrisville in the nightcap with a straight set win, 25-6, 25-15, 25-12.
- Senior Darriyan Thomas (Vallejo, Calif.) recorded 14 kills and posted double-doubles in each match
- Sophomore Adele Daniels (Austin, Texas) had 10 kills and 13 digs against the Knights
- Senior setter Jasmine Jeter (Noblesville, Ind.) passed out 66 assists on Friday
- Senior Giuletta Maucere (Valley Village, Calif.) had 11 kills and two block assists against the Knights
- Junior Raelyn Fuechtmann (South St. Paul, Minn.) tallied 32 digs in the two matches
- GU made 26 attack errors, .099 kill percentage and 13 service errors against SUNY Geneseo
- The Bison committed 19 attack errors, .131 kill percentage and 13 service errors against Morrisville St.
Gallaudet returns home and will host Marymount (Va.) University (4-5) on Wednesday, Sept. 20, at 7 p.m. in the Field House.