WASHINGTON - The Gallaudet University Athletics Department is seeking qualified candidates to apply for its new Associate Athletic Director for Student-Athlete Success position.
The Associate Athletic Director for Student-Athlete Success is responsible for providing visionary leadership, strategic planning, and policy development for the athletics program; develops departmental-level strategy plans to dovetail with the University’s Diversity Strategy Plan with an emphasis on student-athlete, particularly historically underrepresented and underserved populations, retention and academic and personal growth and success; aligning the intercollegiate athletics department consisting of 16 sports programs, athletic training program, intramural program, fitness program, coaches, administrative, support staff and student-athletes with the university’s unique bilingual mission and strategic priorities; working with the development office to raise funds for the Athletic Department; and maintaining an athletic program that emphasizes the student-athlete concept and philosophy. The Associate Athletic Director is required to abide by the rules and regulations established by the NCAA, Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC), Northern Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC), and Gallaudet University.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum five years of professional experience, including three years in coaching, athletic administration, and/or program management.
- Fluency in American Sign Language required at time of initial employment.
- Self-identification as an ethnic minority and/or a female pursuant to federal guidelines.
- Master’s degree.
- Proven experience in leading and supervising personnel and budgets.
- Demonstrated abilities to multitask, work under pressure, solve problems, and make tough decisions are important for this position.
- A strong commitment to the Student-Athlete concept and the Gallaudet’s bilingual mission, and a working knowledge of Gallaudet’s strategic priorities and the NCAA rules and regulations are required.
- Personal or professional evidence of equity, diversity, and inclusion work.
Full job description and to apply: https://rha.gallaudet.edu:4440/psp/HCMPROD/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?FOCUS=Applicant
Deadline to apply is June 15.