NEWBERG, Ore. - Gallaudet University's Pacific Northwest men's basketball journey came to a close here Tuesday night with an 110-78 loss to George Fox University in the Wheeler Sports Center.
Gallaudet (0-4) went up against a hot-shooting George Fox team that made 42 of 70 shots from the field (60 percent) which included 16 3-pointers. The Bison were led by sophomore guard Noah Valencia (Riverside, Calif.) who netted a season best 27 points as he made 9 of 14 shots. Valencia went 6-for-10 from 3-point range as GU finished 10 of 34 from beyond the arc.
George Fox (1-1) was led by guards Thomas Rico and Mason Green-Richards who scored 23 points each. The Bruins had six players in double figures as 15 players played in the game.
The two teams played close for the first 10 minutes to begin the game before the Bruins began to extend their lead. George Fox took a 60-39 lead into halftime.
- Senior forward Andy Cruz (Bronx, N.Y.) scored eight points, six rebounds and passed out a team best six assists
- Junior center Jamal Garner (Jacksonville, Ill.) added eight points and four rebounds
- The Bruins received 45 points from their bench
- George Fox scored 42 points in the paint and 22 points on the fast break
- GFU held a 46-40 edge in rebounds
- Gallaudet went 0-3 during its Pacific Northwest trip
Gallaudet returns to D.C. to make its home debut on Sunday, Nov. 26, at 5 p.m. against Shenandoah University (1-1) in a non-conference game. Fans are encouraged to bring canned goods to the game and drop them off in the lobby as all donations will be sent to Capital Area Food Bank.