READING, Pa. - The Gallaudet men's basketball team emerged victorious, 74-62, on the road Saturday at Penn St.-Berks in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) South Division contest.
Gallaudet (4-12, 4-5 NEAC) outscored Penn St.-Berks (1-15, 1-7 NEAC) in both halves by four or more points.
The two teams traded the lead in the second half before Gallaudet made a three-pointer to knot the game at 52 and added two free throws, seconds later, to regain the lead for good. GU outscored Penn St.-Berks 22-10 during the final eight minutes of action.
Senior forward Andy Cruz (Bronx, N.Y.) scored a double-double with 19 point and 10 rebounds to go with four steals, two blocks and two assists. Junior guard Jawaun Jackson (Downey, Calif.) tallied game-high 21 points and six steals while freshmen guard Preston Kelly (Fishers, Ind.) made a game-high eight steals.
Penn St.-Berks was led by Matt Seip's 18 points and seven rebounds in the loss.
- Sophomore guard Noah Valencia (Riverside, Calif.) scored seven points
- Freshman Lance Wood (Fishers, Ind.) scored six points and five rebounds off the bench.
- Penn St.-Berks outrebounded GU, 37-26
- The game featured six ties and seven lead changes
- GU scored 30 points off 31 turnovers made by the Nittany Lions
- Gallaudet's largest lead was 12
- GU scored 70.8 percent from the free-throw line
Gallaudet will venture back into Pennsylvania on Tuesday, Jan. 23, for a non-conference game against Widener University (8-9) at 7 p.m.