WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - Gallaudet University led for the majority of Saturday's North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) men's basketball game here against Penn College as the Bison held on to win, 79-75.
Gallaudet (7-18, 7-9 NEAC) scored the game's first eight points and led 14-2 moments later. Penn College (3-22, 2-14 NEAC) battled back and took the lead, briefly, in the closing minutes of the first half. The Bison went on an 11-2 run in the final two minutes to take a 43-34 lead into halftime.
Junior guard Noah Valencia (Riverside, Calif.) led all-scorers with 26 points as he drained six 3-pointers. Junior center Steve Valencia-Biskupiak (Riverside, Calif.), Noah's Uncle, tallied a double-double with 19 points, 11 rebounds and four assists.
The Wildcats were led by Spencer Bartron's 17-point game.
This marked the final game for Gallaudet seniors Cody Crace (Westfield, Ind.) and Jamal Garner (Jacksonville, Ill.). Garner grabbed a game-high 12 rebounds to go with six points before he fouled out. Crace, who has been sidelined due to injury, did not play.
Garner is a four-year letterwinner where he played in 68 games (49 starts) and recorded 267 points, 317 rebounds, 41 steals, 36 assists and 15 blocks. He earned the 2017-18 NEAC Inspirational Award.
Crace is a four-year letterwinner where he appeared in 50 games and tallied 54 points, 85 rebounds, 18 assists, 13 steals and 11 blocks.
- Sophomore Preston Kelly (Fishers, Ind.) added seven points, seven assists
- Sophomore Shawn Daniels (Lakeland, Fla.) ripped down 11 rebounds
- Freshman Dylan Sicoli (Austin, Texas) tallied eight points
- GU swept the season series with Penn College
- Gallaudet won three of its last four games
- The Bison went 3-3 in February
- GU finished the season 5-6 at home, 2-9 on the road, 0-3 at neutral sites
This concludes the 2018-19 season for the Bison.