ABINGTON, Pa. - It was a tough task for the Gallaudet University men's soccer team here Sunday as it faced Penn St.-Abington, the top team in the North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) standings, on its home turf.
Gallaudet (1-5-1, 0-2-1 NEAC) surrendered a quick goal, just four minutes in, and played catch up the remainder of the game as the Bison lost 3-0.
The Bison settled down and got three shots off in the first half and only trailed by one heading into halftime.
In the second half, Penn St.-Abington (6-1, 5-0 NEAC) added another quick goal as Richard Domico (one goal, one assist) assisted Andrew Costa for the game's second goal at the 47:37 mark.
The host Nittany Lions added a third goal in the 64th minute past freshman goalie Noah Means-Simonsen (Louisville, Ky.).
- Junior Angel Ortiz (New York, N.Y.) led the Bison with five shots, two on goal
- Freshman Roel Gutierrez (Austin, Texas) added two shots on goal
- Junior Sean Huber (Orange, Calif.) had the other shot for the Bison
- Gallaudet made eight saves in the game
- The Bison were outshot 18-8
- GU took three corner kicks
Gallaudet ventures out of conference this Wednesday, Sept. 21, with a mid-week game in Frederick, Md., against Hood College (5-2) at 4 p.m.