MORRISTOWN, N.J. - Gallaudet University celebrated its biggest men's soccer victory this season with a 7-0 shutout here Saturday over College of Saint Elizabeth in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game.
Gallaudet (4-12, 4-6 NEAC) scored quickly and often against the winless Eagles (0-16, 0-10 NEAC). Senior forward Sean Huber (Orange, Calif.) led the way with a hat trick as he scored twice in the first half as GU took a 5-0 lead into intermission.
In the second half, Huber completed the hat trick with a goal in the 65th minute on an assist from freshman Sean O'Callaghan (San Diego, Calif.), off one of Gallaudet's six corner kicks.
GU, who has won three of its past four games, had five different goal scorers in the win. Junior Kevin Fitzpatrick (Hopatcong, N.J.) scored the game's first goal on a header off a corner kick, just minutes in. Junior Tim Artinian (Henrietta, N.Y.) picked up his second straight assist as he found junior Connor Baer (Fremont, Calif.) who scored in the 15th minute.
After a Huber fast-break goal in the 22nd minute made the game 3-0 there was a goal scored by freshman Dustin Borden (Perryville, Mo.) off an assist from Huber. The fifth and final goal of the first half came when Baer found Huber for the score at the 35:44 mark.
Artinian (one goal, two assists) scored the game's final goal in the 85th minute.
Sophomore goalie Noah Means-Simonsen (Louisville, Ky.) made three saves to record his second shutout of the season.
St. Elizabeth goalie Jason Pineda made eight saves in the loss.
- GU outshot St. Elizabeth 25-8 and held a 6-1 edge in corner kicks
- Huber led the team with 11 shots, nine on goal
- This was Huber's second hat trick this season
- This matches the largest margin of victory for GU men's soccer under Head Coach Pedro Braz
- The Bison defeated St. Elizabeth by seven goals, 8-1, last year
- This is the second straight year GU has played at St. Elizabeth
- GU's four conference wins this season are the most since they joined the NEAC in 2010
- GU's playoff chances were cut short earlier this week and things were made official Saturday night when the NEAC men's soccer tournament pairings were announced and the Bison weren't included
Gallaudet will close out its season at home on Thursday, Nov. 2, at 6 p.m. against Southern Virginia University (4-14) at Hotchkiss Field.