UTICA, N.Y. - The Gallaudet University men's soccer team were shut out by SUNY Poly here Sunday afternoon by a score of 2-0 in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game.
Gallaudet (1-10, 1-4 NEAC) recorded three shots, two shots on goal, in its fifth straight loss.
SUNY Poly (5-7, 3-2 NEAC) got on the scoreboard in the 11th minute when Andrew Kessler scored hits first goal of the season with an unassisted shot high over sophomore goalie Noah Means-Simonsen (Louisville, Ky.).
The Wildcats took a 1-0 lead into halftime as they held a 7-1 edge in shots.
In the second half, SUNY Poly added to its lead with a goal off Amadou Ndiaye's head. Gerry Thermil got the assist off a corner kick to Ndiaye for his second goal of the season.
- SUNY Poly had 14 shots in the game and only its two goals were shots on goal
- Means-Simonsen ended the game with no saves
- Wildcat goalie Nathan Laughlin made two saves in the game
- Each team had five corner kicks
- Junior defender Kevin Fitzpatrick (Hopatcong, N.J.) led the team with two shots (one on goal)
Gallaudet will stay on the road next weekend when it travels to Penn St.-Abington (6-6, 4-0 NEAC) on Saturday, Oct. 14, at noon for a conference game.