MARCY, N.Y. - The Gallaudet University men's soccer program scored its first goal against SUNY Poly in seven games but lost to the host Wildcats, 2-1, in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) road game here Saturday afternoon.
The Wildcats (4-4-3, 3-3 NEAC) scored the first goal, 18 minutes in, on a Jamar Gayle goal as he dribbled past a GU defender inside the box and chipped the ball into the net. SUNY Poly took a 1-0 lead into halftime.
Gallaudet (4-7, 3-4 NEAC) knotted the game at 1-1 four minutes into the second half. Junior midfielder Samer Abualya (Whitestone, N.Y.) scored an unassisted goal at the 49:11 mark.
SUNY Poly regained the lead at the 64:19 mark when Gayle assisted Richie Morris on the game-winning goal. Gayle sent a cross in from the right side and found Morris' foot for the score.
- The two teams recorded 16 shots each
- Freshman forward Chad Johnson (Gardena, Calif.) led GU with six shots
- SUNY held an edge over GU in corner kicks, 4-3
- Freshman goalie Shane Angel (Mechanicsville, Md.) made three saves
- GU is 0-7 all-time against SUNY Poly
- The Wildcats had outscored GU 33-0 before Abualya's goal in the second half since 2010
Gallaudet returns home and will host SUNY Cobleskill (5-7, 3-2 NEAC) in a conference game next Saturday, Oct. 13, at 3 p.m.