CAZENOVIA, N.Y. – Freshman Benjamin Sealts (Ottawa, Ohio) erased another long-standing Gallaudet University men's swimming school record here Saturday in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) double-dual meet hosted by Cazenovia College.
Sealts won the 200-yard backstroke event with a time of 1:58.41. His time is over four seconds faster than James McGowan's old school record time of 2:03.10 set in 2008. This is Sealts' fifth school record he has set this season.
Gallaudet split the NEAC double-dual meet as the Bison defeated the host Wildcats, 120-81, but lost to SUNY Cobleskill 129-106.
Sealts won three events; the 200-yard backstroke, 100-yard backstroke (55.39) and the 200-yard IM (2:04.86).
Sophomore Chris Martinez (El Paso, Texas) won three events; 100-yard breaststroke (1:06.98), 200-yard breaststroke (2:25.21) and 200-yard freestyle (1:59.20).
- SUNY Cobleskill defeated Cazenovia 139-57
- Gallaudet placed second in the 200-yard medley relay with a time of 1:59.08
- Senior David Bruno (Patchogue, N.Y.) was third in the 1,000-yard freestyle (17:13.73)
- Freshman Mackenzie Shannon (Winnetka, Ill.) was third in the 100-yard butterfly with a new personal record time of 1:17.54
- Shannon took third in the 200-yard IM (3:02.07)
GALLAUDET PERSONAL RECORDS
|Event||Name||Old Time||New Time|
|50 freestyle||Lukas Morkevicius||29.53||29.46|
|50 freestyle||Rett Jala||36.62||34.20|
|50 backstroke||Rett Jala||43.78||40.73|
|100 freestyle||Lukas Morkevicius||1:11.31||1:10.62|
|100 butterfly||Mackenzie Shannon||1:20.46||1:17.54|
|100 breaststroke||Xiangming Liu||1:53.78||1:52.12|
|200 backstroke||Benjamin Sealts||NA||1:58.41|
|500 freestyle||Julian Simons||9:09.11||8:57.19|
The Bison next take to the pool in the new year on Jan. 12 when they host Penn State University at Altoona at 6 p.m.