ARLINGTON, Va. - The Gallaudet University men's swimming and diving team dropped a non-conference meet here Friday night at Marymount (Va.) University, 96-77.
Gallaudet (1-4) won half of the 10 events it competed in. Freshman Benjamin Sealts (Ottawa, Ohio) won three individual events; the 200-yard freestyle (1:52.84), the 100-yard butterfly (55.54) and the 100-yard backstroke (55.34). Sealts was close to setting more school records in his 100-yard events.
Senior Jonathan Tikhonoff (Folsom, Calif.) won the 500-yard freestyle (5:13.03) and placed second in the 200-yard IM (2:06.91) and the 100-yard breaststroke (1:06.69).
Marymount (2-0) was paced by Zachary Payne and Tedd Pham.
- Morkevicius was fourth in the 100-yard freestyle (1:11.31)
- GU's 200-yard freestyle relay team of Morkevicius, senior David Bruno (Patchogue, N.Y.), junior Julian Simons (Austin, Texas), freshman Xiangming Liu (Dandong, China) finished second with a time of 2:36.02
- Rett, Liu, Bruno and Simons finished second in the 200-yard medley relay (2:49.07)
- There were 10 events in the meet
- There was no diving event this evening
Gallaudet is off for the next three weeks before its next meet on Saturday, Dec. 9, in Cazenovia, N.Y., to face two conference foes in SUNY Cobleskill and the host Wildcats of Cazenovia.