FAIRFAX, Va. - The Gallaudet University men's track and field program closed out its indoor schedule here Sunday at the Mason Last Chance meet and posted two more school records.
Junior Toraneau Varice (Pompano Beach, Fla.) won the 200-meter dash with a school record time of 22.48 seconds. Varice also finished fifth in the 60-meter dash with a time of 7.18 seconds.
Sophomore Kai Christenberry (Birmingham, Ala.) finished fourth in the 400-meter dash with a time of 54.47 seconds just under four seconds off the top time of 50.70 posted by George Mason freshman Ian Christian.
Freshman Sean O'Callaghan (San Diego, Calif.) was fifth in the 1,000-meter run as he finished in 3:05.62.
Junior Gunner Hahn (Stevens Point, Wis.) was seventh in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.77 seconds but posted a school record in the prelims with a time of 8.76 seconds. Teammate Michael Haynes (Edwardsville, Ill.) had set the school mark at the last indoor meet with a time of 8.79 seconds.
- Freshman Chance Hohneke (Lehi, Utah) was 10th in the 800-meter run (2:11.55) while O'Callaghan was 11th (2:16.13)
- Hohneke was 16th in the 1-mile run (5:02.67)
- Haynes finished ninth in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.88 during the prelims and didn't advance to the finals
- Christenberry was 15th in the long jump with a jump of 5.01 meters
- Sophomore JaQuan Thomas (Midway, Ga.) was eighth in the shot put (10.45 meters)
- Sophomore Ronald Mattingly (Coconut Creek, Fla.) was ninth in the shot put (9.92 meters)
Gallaudet will begin its outdoor season this Saturday, March 3, in Salisbury, Md., at the Lloyd Sigler Spring Meet.