SELINSGROVE, Pa. - Freshman sprinter Eric Gregory (Metairie, La.) brought home Gallaudet University's only first-place win here Saturday at the SU Invitational hosted by Susquehanna University in the Garrett Center Field House.
Gregory led the Bison men's track and field team in their final indoor meet of the season as he and senior teammate Toraneau Varice (Pompano Beach, Fla.) finished first and second in the 200-meter dash. Gregory crossed the finish line in 22.75 seconds while Varice was close behind at 23.16.
Senior Michael Haynes (Edwardsville, Mo.) took second on the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 8.63.
GU's 4x200 meter relay team finished third out of 13 teams with a time of 1:34.86.
Gregory was sixth in the 60-meter dash (7.16) in a highly contested event.
- Freshman Kelly Grant (Hazelwood, Mo.) took 24th in the 400-meter dash (56.26)
- Freshman Omar Harvey (Newark, N.J.) was 25th in the 200-meter dash (24.91)
- Sophomore Sean O'Callaghan (San Diego, Calif.) finished 22nd in the 800-meter run (2:09.40) and 26th in the 1-mile run (4:54.16)
- Senior Montray Roberts (Dallas, Texas was 31st in the 400-meter dash (56.98)
- Freshman Liam Painter (Edgewood, N.M.) was 36th in the 800-meter run (2:24.64) and 1-mile run (5:27.91)
- Senior Gunner Hahn (Delavan, Wis.) finished 41st in the 400-meter dash (1:01.22)
Gallaudet will next venture outdoors on Saturday, March 2, at the Lloyd Sigler Spring Meet in Salisbury, Md., hosted by Salisbury University.