SALISBURY, Md. - The Gallaudet University men's cross country team placed 13th overall at the Don Cathcart Invitational hosted by Salisbury University on Saturday at Winter Place Park.
Stevenson University won the meet with 36 team points, Willmington University followed in second place (76) and host Salisbury placed third (81). Stevenson senior Langston Gash won the 8K race in 25 minutes, 10.86 seconds.
Gallaudet freshman Jared Spinale (Camby, Ind.) was the first Bison to cross the finish line in 101st place with a time of 32:29.58. Senior Alex Close (Tallahassee, Fla.) was the next GU runner to finish with time 33:28.50 in 106th place. Freshman Liam Painter (Edgewood, N.M.) and junior Kai Christenberry (Birmingham, Ala.) were 112th (34:29.55) and 113th (35:19.56), respectively. Freshman Abdus-Samad Shilling (Inglewood, Calif.) was GU's final runner to earn team points as he crossed the finish line in 118th place (39:23.25).
- Senior Toraneau Varice (Deerfield Beach, Fla.) was 119th overall (39:23.94)
- Freshman Montray Roberts (Dallas, Texas) finished in 121st place (43:51.62)
- Junior David Hernandez (Jacksonville, Texas) crossed in 125th place with time (46:01.29)
- Sophomore Ronald Mattingly (Coconut Creek, Fla.) finished 126th (51:18.18)
- Freshman Joshua Crawford-Ponder (Bronx, N.Y.) closed down the race in 129th place (1:01:34.62)
- There were 129 runners from 13 teams in the field
- GU tallied 370 team points
- The average time for a Bison runner was 35:02.09
Gallaudet will travel to Towson, Md., next weekend to run in the Goucher Classic on Saturday, Oct. 6, at 10:30 a.m.