SALISBURY, Md. - The Gallaudet University men's cross country team finished 14th out of 15 teams at the Don Cathcart Invitational hosted by Salisbury University here Saturday at Winter Place Park.
East Stroudsburg University won the meet with 44 points followed by Wilmington (Del.) University (65 points) in second place, Stevenson University (87), Salisbury (125) and Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania (134 points) round out the top five. The Bison had 424 team points. Stevenson senior Patrick Watson won the 8K race, with a field of 146 runners, as he crossed the finish line in 24 minutes and 15.3 seconds.
Gallaudet sophomore Jared Spinale (Camby, Ind.) set a new personal 8K record time with a time of 30:51.7 as he crossed the finish line first for the Bison in 103rd place. Freshman Robert Saligman (Philadelphia, Pa.) was the second Bison to finish the flat and fast course in 119th place (33:50.4). Fellow freshman Jordan Kray (Vallejo, Calif.) was 124th (34:43.9) with junior Dalton Attanasi (Hammonton, N.J.) right behind in 125th place (34:53.2). Sophomore Liam Painter (Edgewood, N.M.) was the fifth Bison to finish to earn team points as he crossed in 126th place (35:11.9).
- Freshman Mbisana Kgakgamatso (Molepolole, Botswana) placed 134th overall (36:59.4)
- Freshman Robert CiCi was 138th (37:34.1)
- Freshman Octavio Maldonado (Selbyville, Del.) finished 140th (41:32.9)
- Freshman Jacob Stevens (Tularosa, N.M.) was 141st (43:27.0)
- Freshman Daniel Stewart (Queens, N.Y.) was the last Bison to finish in 144th (48:15.1)
- Gallaudet's total time was 2:49:30
- The average time for a Bison runner was 33:54
GU is off next weekend before the Bison participate in the Hood College Open on Oct. 19.