FREDERICK, Md. - The Gallaudet University men's cross country team placed 13th out of 15 teams here Saturday at the Hood College Open hosted at Utica Park. The Bison tallied 377 team points.
Eastern University won the meet with 48 points as the Eagles had three runners in the top 10 spots to edge out Salisbury University (50 team points). Franklin & Marshall College (104), McDaniel College (142) and Carroll Community College (143) round out the top five. Eastern senior Bryton Henry won the 8K race, that featured 146 runners, with a time of 25 minutes, 52.4 seconds.
Gallaudet sophomore Jared Spinale (Camby, Ind.) was the first Bison to finish, 72nd overall, with a time of 30:26.2. Freshman Robert Saligman (Philadelphia, Pa.) was the next GU runner to finish as he placed 99th overall (33:20.8). Freshman Mbisana Kgakgamatso (Molepolole, Botswana) was on Saligman's heels in 102nd place (33:23.4). Junior Dalton Attanasi (Hammonton, N.J.) finished 115th (34:59.7) and Robert CiCi Jr. (New Windsor, N.Y.) was 126th (36:16.4) to complete GU's team score.
- Sophomore Liam Painter (Edgewood, N.M.) finished with CiCi in 127th place (36:16.7)
- Sophomore Abdus-Samad Shilling (Gardena, Calif.) finished 143rd (44:34.6)
- Freshman Octavio Maldonado (Selbyville, Del.) was 144th (46:02.4)
- Freshman Daniel Stewart (Queens, N.Y.) placed 145th (49:07.9)
- Gallaudet's average time was 33:41
GU is off a week before it travels to Cobleskill, N.Y., on Saturday, Nov. 2, for the 2019 North Eastern Athletic Conference championships.