WASHINGTON - The Gallaudet women's basketball team earned a 68-57 victory against College of St. Elizabeth in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game here Saturday afternoon in the Field House on Padden Court. The victory moved Gallaudet (7-11, 5-5 NEAC) into the coveted third-place spot in the South Division over the Eagles (7-11, 4-6 NEAC). The win capped a successful Alumni Madness day, plus a special "Gold Rush" game as GU wore alternative gold uniforms thanks to Route 66 Promotions.
GU's freshmen guard Emelia Beldon (Frederick, Md.) swept the court with a game-high 18 points and tied Eagle's guard Kamille Jacobs (11 points) with a game-high five assists. Junior guard Sabina Shysh (Tucson, Ariz.) was one of two Bison to post a double-double as she scored 15 points and grabbed 11 rebounds. Her rebound total was one shy of her career best (12) set as a freshman. Junior guard/forward Hannah Neild (Litchfield, N.H.) was the other Bison with a double-double as she tallied 17 points and 10 rebounds.
Down in the post, senior forward Kelsey Hudson (Blissfield, Mich.) had a game-high 16 rebounds and four steals. Junior forward Kelli Barnes (Cliffside, N.C.) was the fourth Bison in double figures with 10 points and seven rebounds.
Gallaudet's win snaps St. Elizabeth's three-game winning streak. This is the second time this year GU held a team to no three-pointers in a game, as Eagles went 0-for-10. The first game GU held a team to no three-pointers was also the Eagles back on Dec. 2.
St. Elizabeth's Deja Ingram was a force in the post as she made seven blocks and scored 15 points to go with eight rebounds in the loss. The Eagles recorded 11 blocks as a team, the most blocks by an opponent against the Bison this season.
- Senior forward Lawjen Ashmore (Fairbanks, Alaska) scored four points and four rebounds off the bench
- Sophomore forward Tiffany Anderson (Forest Lake, Minn.) added two points and two rebounds
- Shysh was second on the team with four assists and three steals
- Barnes led the team with two blocks
- Beldon and Shysh played the entire game
- Gallaudet outscored St. Elizabeth in the paint, 36-24
- The Bison scored 22 second-chance points
- Gallaudet outrebounded CSE, 59-38
- GU had 15 fastbreak points
- Gallaudet sweeps the season series with Eagles
- GU defeated St. Elizabeth, 69-53, on Dec. 2
GU will next travel to Penn St.-Abington (10-7, 5-4 NEAC) on Tuesday, Jan. 30, for a NEAC South Division game at 8 p.m.