WASHINGTON – The Gallaudet University women's basketball team relinquished a promising lead to Wilson College here Wednesday night in the Field House in Padden Court as the Bison lost the close North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game by four, 61-57.
The Bison (6-10, 4-4 NEAC) held a 33-21 lead at the half but were outscored 40-24 in the second half and were limited to just six points in the fourth quarter in the loss to Wilson (7-8, 3-4 NEAC).
Phoenix guard Jordyn Day recorded her 1,000th career point as she finished with a game-high 22 points and five rebounds. Day made several of her five three-pointers in the first quarter.
Gallaudet (6-10, 4-4 NEAC) came out hot with a quick run in the first quarter as it built an 11-point lead less than three minutes into the game.
Junior guard Hannah Neild (Litchfield, N.H.) and senior forward Kelsey Hudson (Blissfield, Mich.) both got double-doubles in the loss. Neild scored 21 points, grabbed 10 rebounds and made a game-high seven steals. Hudson netted 10 points and a game-high 12 rebounds.
- Freshmen Guard Emelia Beldon (Frederick, Md.) made a game-high seven assists
- The game featured two ties and three lead changes
- Gallaudet's largest lead was 16 points in the second quarter
- The Bison scored 32 points in the paint
- Wilson shot 45 percent from three-point range
- Gallaudet outrebounded Wilson by 11, 49-38
Gallaudet will travel to Penn St.-Berks (4-8, 2-5 NEAC) on Saturday afternoon (Jan. 20) in a North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) game at 3 p.m.