MORRISTOWN, N.J. - The Gallaudet University women's basketball team jumped back into North Eastern Athletic Conference action on the road Wednesday evening and defeated College of Saint Elizabeth by six points, 102-96.
Three different Bison scored 23 or more points as Gallaudet (6-7, 3-1 NEAC) outscored the Eagles in the first three quarters and held a 50-41 advantage at halftime and took a 78-68 lead into the fourth quarter.
Senior guard/forward Hannah Neild (Litchfield, N.H.) scored a game-high 30 points as she made 11 of 21 shots from the field, including four 3-pointers. She completed her double-double with 13 rebounds and added a career-high four blocks to go with four assists and two steals.
Junior guard Kendall Hudson (Blissfield, Mich.) drained a game-high six 3-pointers en route to a 26-point game to go with five assists.
Senior guard Sabina Shysh (Tucson, Ariz.) was oh so close to reaching 1,000 career points as she finished with 23 points and 999 career points. She earned her third double-double of the season with 12 rebounds and four assists.
St. Elizabeth (3-4, 2-1 NEAC) saw its starting five all finish with 12 or more points. Maria DeVincenzo and Deja Ingram led the way with 21 points each. A sixth Eagle reached double figures off the bench as the host shot 45.8 percent from the field and made 27 of 33 free throws.
- Sophomore guard Emelia Beldon (Frederick, Md.) was the fourth Bison in double digits with 12 points and 13 assists (career-high)
- Freshman center Shakeedra Hubbard (Starkville, Miss.) came off the bench to net eight points
- Senior forward Kelli Barnes (Cliffside, N.C.) added three points, three rebounds, three assists
- GU scored 22 second chance points
- The win snaps a four-game skid for the buff and blue
- This is Neild's second 30-point game this season
Gallaudet will return home for a four-game homestand against NEAC teams. The Bison will next face SUNY Poly (8-5, 3-1 NEAC) on Saturday, Jan. 12, at 1 p.m. Stay tuned to www.gallaudetathletics.com for any schedule changes, due to weather, that may impact this weekend's games.