WASHINGTON - The Gallaudet University women's basketball team swept Lancaster Bible College for the first time in program history here Wednesday night. The Bison dispatched the Chargers and won 100-85 on Padden Court in the Field House on "Play4Kay" night.
GU, clad in hot pink cancer awareness uniforms supplied by Route 66 promotions, participated in the Women's Basketball Coaches Association's (WBCA) annual "Play4Kay" initiative to raise awareness for breast cancer research on Wednesday night, the final home regular-season game for the Bison.
Gallaudet (15-9, 12-3 NEAC) outscored Lancaster Bible (8-16, 6-9 NEAC) in three of the four quarters and led 54-44 at the half.
Three different Bison scored 20 or more points. Senior guard/forward Hannah Neild (Litchfield, N.H.) led the way with 28 points, four rebounds, four assists, three steals and two blocks. Junior guard Kendall Hudson (Blissfield, Mich.) tallied 26 points, three boards, three assists and two steals. Senior guard Sabina Shysh (Tucson, Ariz.) posted 22 points, eight rebounds and three steals. Sophomore guard Emelia Beldon (Frederick, Md.) was the fourth Bison in double figures and the only one to record a double-double. Beldon finished with 11 points and 11 assists to go with six rebounds and two steals.
LBC was paced by forward Courtney Goyak's 28 points and 16 rebounds.
- Senior forward Kelli Barnes (Cliffside, N.C.) scored eight points and four rebounds
- Sophomore forward Juliana Bahan (Frederick, Md.) added five points and eight boards
- The Bison scored 48 points in the paint
- GU had 30 fast-break points
- Gallaudet scored 21 points off 15 turnovers
- The game featured three lead changes and one tie
- GU is 2-14 all-time against the Chargers
Gallaudet will close out the regular season this Saturday, Feb. 16, at Penn College (1-23, 0-15 NEAC). The game is slated for a 1 p.m. tip.