ARLINGTON, Va. - The Gallaudet University women's basketball team closed out the fall semester here Sunday with a 77-60 non-conference loss to Marymount (Va.) University.
Gallaudet (5-6) found itself in a high-scoring first half where Marymount (8-3) led 49-34 at halftime. The two teams then combined to score only 54 points in the second half.
The Saints broke open a 19-12 lead, after the first quarter, with a 30-point second quarter. GU hung tough and netted 22 points as senior guard Sabina Shysh (Tucson, Ariz.) scored eight of her 15 points in the game.
Junior guard Kendall Hudson (Blissfield, Mich.) finished the game with 23 points, nine rebounds, two assists and two steals. Senior guard/forward Hannah Neild (Litchfield, N.H.) had an off day as she tallied 10 points, 10 rebounds, five assists, two blocks and one steal.
Four different Saints reached double figures led by guard Regan Lohr, who poured in 24 points as she made 6 of 12 shots from 3-point range.
- Shysh ripped down eight rebounds
- Sophomore forward Juliana Bahan (Frederick, Md.) grabbed seven rebounds
- GU scored 12 points off 15 turnovers
- The Saints held a 49-43 edge in rebounds
- Neild surpassed 900 career points as a Bison, she now stands at 905
- GU went 3-3 in December as it lost the final three games
Gallaudet is now off until the New Year when the Bison will travel to Lexington, Va., to take on Washington and Lee University on Saturday, Jan. 5, at 1 p.m.