WASHINGTON - Senior guard/forward Hannah Neild (Litchfield, N.H.) recorded her first career triple-double as she led Gallaudet University to a dominating 98-52 North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) women's basketball victory over Penn College here Monday in the Field House.
Neild recorded 23 points as she made 10 of 19 shots from the field, including three 3-pointers, and grabbed a game-high 18 rebounds and passed out 10 assists in the win. She added four steals and one block. This is the first triple-double for the GU women's basketball program since Dec. 12, 2009, when Easter Fa'afiti tallied17 points, 12 steals and 11 rebounds against CCNY.
Gallaudet (9-8, 6-2 NEAC) led from start to finish as the Bison built up a 24-12 lead in the first quarter and the buff and blue took a 59-22 lead into halftime. GU sailed from thre as the entire team played and eight of the nine players scored points.
Senior guard Sabina Shysh (Tucson, Ariz.) led all-scorers with 26 points, eight rebounds, four assists, one block and one steal. Junior guard Kendall Hudson (Blissfield, Mich.) was the third Bison to score 20+ points. Hudson made 7 of 13 shots for 20 points, seven rebounds, three assists and one steal.
Penn College (1-15, 0-8 NEAC) was led by Madison Klock's 14-point game in the loss.
- Sophomore guard Emelia Beldon (Frederick, Md.) was the fourth Bison in double figures
- Beldon finished with 11 points, seven assists and game-high five steals
- Sophomore Shakeedra Hubbard (Starkville, Miss.) netted a career best nine points, four rebounds
- Senior forward Kelli Barnes (Cliffside, N.C.) and sophomore Juliana Bahan (Frederick, Md.) both added four points, five rebounds
- GU scored 48 points in the paint
- The Bison scored 32 points off 23 turnovers
- Gallaudet scored 38 points in transition on the fast break
- Neild's 18 rebounds and 10 assists are both career highs
Gallaudet will hit the road this week and travel to Reading, Pa., this Wednesday, Jan. 23, at 6 p.m. to take on Penn St.-Berks (5-8, 4-3 NEAC) for the second time this season. The Bison defeated the Nittany Lions, 81-78, at home last Dec. 5.