WASHINGTON - The Gallaudet University women's basketball team dropped an 80-74 North Eastern Athletic Conference (NEAC) contest to SUNY Poly here Saturday on Padden Court in the Field House.
Gallaudet (7-8, 4-2 NEAC) pulled to within four points, 67-63, with under five minutes left in regulation before the visiting Wildcats put the game away with clutch shots and six free throws made.
Senior forward Hannah Neild (Litchfield, N.H.) led all-scorers with 30 points as she is now nine points away from 1,000 career points as a Bison. Senior guard Sabina Shysh (Tucson, Ariz.), a day after reaching 1,000 career points, scored 19 points and 16 rebounds for her fourth double-double of the season. She added three assists and three steals. Junior guard Kendall Hudson (Blissfield, Mich.) tallied 15 points and five rebounds.
SUNY Poly (9-5, 4-1 NEAC) was led by guard Kiersten Leos' 30-point game while forward Molly Burdick knocked down 21 and grabbed eight rebounds.
The Wildcats led 21-14 after the first quarter and took a 40-30 lead into halftime.
- Sophomore guard Emelia Beldon (Frederick, Md.) recorded five points, six assists and six rebounds
- Senior forward Kelli Barnes (Cliffside, N.C.) scored five points and four rebounds
- Gallaudet scored 19 points on the fast break
- The Bison scored 21 points off 20 turnovers
- GU is now 4-8 vs. SUNY Poly since it joined the NEAC
- The Wildcats have won five straight over the Bison
- Neild has tallied three 30+ point games this season
Gallaudet is in the midst of a four-game homestand and will next host Penn St.-Abington (7-5, 4-0 NEAC) on Wednesday, Jan. 16, at 5 p.m.